In this new world 2019, technology or skill is rising very hastily. The planet of razors is also same almost. Brands like Philips, Panasonic, Norelco, Remington, Braun etc release new and advanced razors every year with some increased and better specifications than the previous one.
Today, most of the men use electric shavers or razors rather than the traditional one as these electric head shavers are easy to use, less hard on your head and the best feature is that it does not take much of your time in head shaving and you do not have to pact with cuts that leave some blood.
These electric shavers for head last for many years and you do not need to buy new shaving sticks for shaving. If you do not know how to choose the best electric shaver for head 2019 and how to make use of these then keep reading this post, you all will get to know the answer of each n’ every question rising in your mind.
Types of Electric Shaver
There are some types of electric shavers for head or skin for women and men. Let us discuss them one by one and understand what they are.
- Rotary Electric Shavers
These head electric shavers use spinning spherical knife blades. They are made of three cutting tops that are flexible which make them easier for the blades to get in touch with the curves of your head. The cutting tops on rotary electric shaver spin separately of one another which make it simple to get a close shave of the curves of your head or skin. Although they are not complicated to use but still for efficient shaving pattern it needs some practice. Rotary shavers are quieter than foil electric shavers and are better to shave long hair and it gives the liberty to shave in any direction. You can move this shaver up or down side to side or even in circles easily without worrying of cuts.
- Foil Electric Shavers
These electric shavers are also called oscillating electric shavers which are made up of a chain of oscillating blades situated at the back of a pierced metal foil. The foil is normally made of steel. The foil picks up the hair and blades cut it automatically whenever you shave with a foil electric shaver. Foil shavers are perfect for short hair. Most of the proficient believes that these shavers give more accurate shave than the rotary shavers but these are noisier than the rotary one.
- Wet/Dry Shavers
If after shaving your head burns or turns bright then you should go for this dry/wet electric shaver. This shaver handles the dampness from a wet shave so that you can use water or shaving gel or cream to lessen the irritation on your head. This dry/wet electric shaver executes a mend good dry shave as well.
Shaving the head v/s shaving the face
Before moving ahead, it is important to be aware of some differences between shaving a head and a face.
- The surface of your head is large and its shape is spherical whereas face has almost flat areas (areas like your cheeks, neck, chin).
- Whenever you shave your head you can’t always see what you are doing n’ sometimes you have to reach the back side of your head in an awkward pose.
By considering these points, the best electric shaver for head should be capable of covering large areas conform to the spherical shape of your head. Head electric shaver should be designed in such a manner that if you hold this, it allows you to reach at the back of your head easily.
How to Shave your Head with an Electric Razor 2019
Men who are going through partial baldness or wish the aesthetics of a bald head apply a range of methods to sustain the look. The regularity of shaving depends on how speedily your hair grows up n’ whether or not you mind stubble. Shaving a head with an electric shaver is different than shaving your head with traditional shaver as with electric shaver there are fewer chances of any nicks and cuts. However, electric shavers do not give as accurate shave as traditional shavers do. Now let us see the procedure to do shaving with an electric shaver.
- Cut your hair to a length of 1 centimeter by using hair clippers. It will be difficult for electric shaver to shave your head if your hair is longer than 1 cm. Lope the hair clipper sideways along the head. Continue with the same procedure until your hair is 1 cm long.
- Now bath your head as it is always advisable to shave your head when your hair is wet, it makes head shaving efficient. Make sure your bathing water is hot because hot water opens up the hair follicles n’ prevents the chances of ingrown hairs. I’ve heard of people using an epilator to prevent ingrown hairs, but I’m old fashioned.
- Apply shaving lubricant or gel to your head. The type of electric shaver you are using decides the exact product which to be used. Like if you use standard electric shaver then apply a pre shave lotion or serum to your scalp rather than using any shaving cream or gel. Allow this to house for five six minutes before shaving your head. If you use an electric shaver which can be used while bathing then apply shaving cream or gel to your scalp.
- Now shave your head via electric shaver. Start your shaving from forehead for best of bests results. Shave your hair off from your front to back by using long fondles. Then shave do the same with the sides of your head. Use a tiny hand held mirror to observe the back of the head during shaving.
- Get in to the shower and bath your head by using kind shampoo or soap. Take away all the traces of hair n’ the gel or lotion you used before shaving your head.
- Now apply after shave lotion or gel to your scalp and this will relieve your head which might be irritating after shaving your head. Do follow the instructions of the lotion on the bottle in order to know how and how much to apply.
Tips n’ Warning
- You must shave against the crumb of your hair for efficient shave.
- It is always best to shave with the grain of the hair if your hair is curly n’ thick to avoid ingrown hairs.
- If you have some cuts, scratches or nicks or abrasions then do not use any product that contains alcohol.
Buying Guide for the Best Head Electric Shaver
As in the market there are various brands and models of the best head shaver which make it difficult for you to choose the best one for you. If you do not know how to choose the best electric shaver for head then follow these tips to choose the best one:
- Type of electric shaver: the very first thing to consider while buying a best head shaver is the type of electric shaver you prefer. As you know there are three types of electric shavers. One is rotary shavers that are made with round rotating blades below the defensive heads. Second is foil shaver that comes with thin metal covering on the top of the flat surface. Besides these two shavers, dry/wet shaver is also there and as its name implies, wet electric shavers are designed to use in water and comes in handy if you wanna shave with or without cream.
- Maintenance: this is also an important factor to keep in mind while going to buy the best electric shaver for head. Most of the electric shavers have in-built cleaning systems that run cleaning solutions throughout shaving head to take away all the dirt. With built-in cleaning systems you do not have to spend time in cleaning the shaver by yourself.
- Without Attached Strings: always go for the shavers without attached strings. 2015 shavers are usually cordless that offer more convenience. Due to its cordless nature, you do not need to plug in the razor all the time and you can carry it with you easily.
- Price: this is another important factor to consider while buying an electric shaver. Costly shavers give outstanding results rather than the cheaper one. Buy a shaver you can afford, as if you look for the high/low price ones; you’d still get a better choice than a traditional model that needs replacements of blades all the time.
Pros n’ Cons of Electric Shaver
- Speed: with an electric shaver you can shave very fast
- Convenience: you do not require gel or water while shaving and its less messy
- Holidays: if you are going out for a holiday then you can carry it with yourself and can shave anywhere anytime.
- Expensive: these shavers can be very expensive as more costly shaver gives better results
- Not as efficient as a traditional shaver: it does not give as efficient result as traditional shaver does.
Head Electric Shaver Reviews 2019
After going through so much details lest have some more information about some of the great electric head shavers. These reviews of the latest head electric shavers 2015 and are in detail, impartial so that you get better and more information for selecting the best product.
Braun 3 Series 340S Men's Electric Foil Shaver / Electric Razor, Wet & Dry
- It is world’s number one foil electric shaver
- Twin foils n’ an integrated centre trimmer shave progressively closer
- Wet n’ dry technology can also be used with gels n’ foams
- Triple action free float system with recovered performance on 3-day stubble n’ great skin comfort
- Its dimensions are 6.1” * 2.7” * 8.7”
- Its weight is just 1 pound
People review this Braun Series electric shaver with a rating of 4.3 stars out of 5 stars. It is the smoothest shaver with fewest nicks (almost never). It has the best trimmer. Its full battery goes for 1.5 weeks. Click here to buy and see latest discounts.
Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4 Men's Electric Razor, 4-Blade Cordless with Wet/Dry Shaver Convenience
- It has four blade cutting system with 30 degree Nano Blades for a clean wet/dry shaving experience
- It has sonic vibration cleaning mode and a lock button to prevent unit from going on
- Multi feet arc foil n’ a ultra thin outer foil, a pop up trimmer and a blue 1 stage LCD display
- 14000 CPM fast Linear Motor drive system with a multi flex pivoting head
- Its 1 hour charge battery goes up to 45 minutes of usage of the shaver
- Its dimensions are 2.2” * 2.7” * 6.5”
- Its weight is around 1.6 pounds.
People review this Panasonic ES-LA63-S Arc4 Electric Shaver Wet/Dry with Multi-Flex Pivoting Head for Men with a rating of 4.4 stars out of 5 stars. This electric shaver attributes two motors: one with horizontal oscillations and other with vertical oscillations. The blue backlit LCD screen tells you that how much charging is left in your shaver. One full charge of its battery provides 40-45 minutes of shaving. For best results, use shaving oil and warm water and shaving cream. Click here to buy this.
Remington SPRCDN Universal Rotary Replacement Shaver Head, Black
$22.99 in stock
- It is very easy to clean and is very easy to change
- For best possible performance, change the shaver’s blade after every 6 months
- It has dual track cutters with titanium blades
- It has universal replacement screen n’ cutter for Remington Rotary shaver
- It is improved fit n’ terminate with one piece to change
- Its dimensions are 1” * 4.1” * 4.5”
- This shaver marks an universal design which makes it easy to change blade
People review this Remington electric shaver with a rating of 4 stars out of 5 stars. This replacement head snaps on very quickly n’ works well. Check this for more reviews and latest discounts