There are decisions that fill our lives. Yes, you might have made a wonderful choice to have a companion with you, which could be a dog. Yes, those furry friends can actually help you to have a better life, and recent studies have shown that it could bring down your blood pressure level to manageable situations. There are also service dogs that can help you to take care of your ailment and make sure that people suffering from any kind of handicap can make their way around their lives, without any kind of trouble or problems.
However, having a dog does not in any way signify that you can shirk your responsibilities towards this particular creature. It is your duty to make sure that you have a wonderful place for your dog to sleep, and given the conditions in modern houses, getting a dog crate would be the best solution.
Your dog crate should just be big enough for the dog to stand up, and lie down, and also have efficient space management so that the dog can turn around. This has a lot of purposes. It is a natural tendency for the puppy to soil areas that he or she feels to be the appropriate place to do so. However, if the puppy is sleeping in the best dog crate, then they would have a tendency to not soil that area.
However, you have to make sure that the puppy is taken out at regular intervals for bathroom breaks. If you feel that you get a heavy duty dog crate that is big enough, then another problem lies with the fact that one half will be converted into the dog’s bedroom, and the other as the bathroom. All in all, this is not a solution that you would like.
Buying Guide for Best Dog Crate 2016
So, you need to choose the best dog crate that will be able to fulfill the needs and demands of the dog as well as help you as the owner, to make sure that there are no problems with the accommodation given to the dog. So, how can you choose the best crate for your dog?
- You have to pick a crate that can make your dog get cozy. The minimum fuss that can be made towards keeping a dog, the better chances do you have for the dog to maintain stability and have a wonderful time within the crate.
- Introduction of your dog to the dog house or crate is the first thing that needs to be done. You have to make sure that you will be able to encourage the dog to enter his or her crate at all possible times, particularly when you happen to be leaving for your work. If you do so early on, then this training is definitely going to help you to get your dog to learn about what you desire out of him or her, and it will be a comfortable transition for you.
- Always make sure that you get a heavy duty dog crate that will be able to withstand the power of your dog, and also make sure that he or she will be comfortable within it.
- Do not go for a new material that could end up creating allergies for your dog. Instead, get the dog, and make sure that the dog is more than willing to enter the crate to check it out. Clean the crate periodically so as to create a good hygienic condition for the dog to stay in.
Types of Best Dog Houses 2016
There are five types of crates that you could choose from in order to provide the appropriate accommodation to your dog.
- Plastic Crates: – These types of crates are for dogs that like to sleep in corners, and who prefer cozy spaces. These are perfect to be used for travelling in the airlines, but you would have to acclimatize your dog to the travel first. Due to the nature of such crates, escaping from such structure can be extremely difficult. However, on the downside, there isn’t much space in the crate, so air circulation can be badly hampered. These do not look extremely good, and you would have to hose down the crate in case your dog ends up having a diarrhea incident in the crate.
- Heavy duty dog Crate: – Such type of crates are mostly for the big sized dogs and powerful dogs like the Rottweiler, pit-bull, St Bernard etc. Most of them are approved for airline travel, however, when it comes to the freight charges, it can be extremely costly. The downside is the fact that such heavy duty dog crates do not look extremely good, and are tremendously expensive when you compare them to all the other types.
- Wire Crates: -Well, if you go for the Wire Crates, you will realize that this is particularly good for dogs that get hot very easily, due to a heavy coat or due to living in a hot climate. In some of the models, you can find a divide that will be able to section out the entire wire Crate so that you can keep adding space at it grown. The disadvantage is that due to the wire structure, most of the dogs that consider themselves to be escape artists can easily break out. These can be difficult to move due to the large sizes, and they are not typically attractive when you need to have them around the house.
- Soft sided Crates: – These types of crates are extremely lightweight and easy to carry. If you are visiting dog shows, then such crates will help you in the transportation of your dog. If you need to take your dog for camping or picnics, this is the ideal crate. However, it can be difficult to clean, particularly during a diarrhea incident, and most of the destructive dogs can easily get out from such crates.
- Cute Crates: – Amongst all the varieties of crates, this is the best looking variety that you can find in the market. Most of them can be used as a replacement for furniture, and would not require any excessive amount of space to be dedicated to holding this particular crate. However, a premium disadvantage of such crates is that it is not feasible for the destructive dogs, as they can easily chew out from this particular structure.
Best Dog Crate Reviews 2016
Let’s have a look at some of the products in the market along with their detail reviews.
- Oxgord 24” Wire Metal cage: – The amazing dog crate that has garnered 4.7 stars out of 5 in dog crate reviews is definitely one of the best when it comes to affordability as well as excellence in providing the kind of protection and accommodation your dog needs.
- It is extremely safe for you to travel with the inclusion of this dog crate in your road trip. It is ideally and comes with a plastic tray for cleaning the faecal matter.
- You can choose the best size for your blog, depending upon your needs and necessities. There are small sizes as well as large sizes available in the market.
- This has been built in accordance with ASPCA recommendations for the approved security and comfort for the dog.
- Exclusively manufactured in the United States.
- Has a price tag of $29.95, making it extremely affordable.
- Wood Mobile Pet Pen 640: – This is a product that comes with an aluminum and matted finish, making it one of the best looking dog crates in the market. It has a near-perfect rating of 4.8 stars out of 5 in the dog crate reviews, which only goes to show the amount of trust that people have towards this particular product.
- It is the perfect enclosure for small to medium dogs.
- It consists of the slide unlocking and locking system, thereby adding a new layer of security.
- It has a plastic tray that can be washed to get rid of urinary and faecal matter.
- The removal wire top has been installed for the speedy and easy access removal of your dog.
- A price tag of $86.67 is good enough for most common households to keep and provide for perfect accommodation for their dogs.
- Big Barker Orthopedic 4” dog crate: – The inclusion of the orthopedic support in this particular dog crate makes it a specialist when it comes to providing orthopedic luxury to the dogs that suffer from joint problems. It is the perfect size of standard crate, and is heavy duty thereby making it perfect for most of the big dogs. A glorious review of 4.7 stars out of 5 certainly lets people know about the faith that customers have in this particular product.
- Since most big dogs suffer from hip dysplasia, this particular dog crate is the ideal and the best dog kennel for them.
- It consists of standard or extra-large sizes, and is made exclusively in the United States of America.
- It has heavy duty and tough washable cover that can be used for each and every aspect of your dog.
- The support foam is a good feature, particularly for the old dogs and dogs that suffer from joint problems.
- A price tag of $159.95 is reasonable considering the comfort and safety of your dog comes first.
- Midwest Single Door Crate: -Exclusively for small puppies and dogs, this particular cage or dog crate is perfect for the people that would want to travel around with their dog, without taking up a lot of space. Having a near perfect 4.8 out of 5 stars in the review, this is one product that you’ll definitely be proud to give to your dog.
- It has been specifically designed for small dogs and puppies.
- It can easily be set up and folded down for easy transportation.
- Pink color has been designated for the dog crate, making it look pretty.
- It has a safe and secure side latch bolt for easy access.
- $28.91 for this product is just what the doctor ordered for you.
- ProSelect Empire Dog cages: – A sturdy dog crate that has gained over 4.7 out of 5 stars is definitely something that you would want for the safety and security of your dog. This is one of the best-known products that can be found in the market and is synonymous to safety for your dog in your house, and also while travelling.
- It consists of a wheelbase, thereby making transportation extremely easy.
- Specifically designed for powerful dogs that like to chew on bars.
- It has a removable tray to get rid of fecal matter.
- It is also available in small sizes.
- A price tag of $344.99 is good enough considering the quality of the dog crate.
Final thoughts on Top Rated Dog Crates
At the end of the day, it is the welfare and safety of your dog that is of primary concern. So, you need to make sure that the accommodation which you provide to your dog is of the best quality. Without it, your dog would not be able to remain in a good state; neither will be at peace of mind to know that you have not provided the best for your dog.